What’s the difference between a coach and a counselor?
– The approach is often different. Counselors deal with issues such as stress, depression, anxiety, and trauma.
– With coaching, clients are working to achieve a particular goal in a certain area of their life.
What can I expect in my first session?
– You can expect the therapist to ask questions to learn about your past and to determine what brought you to therapy.
-You can expect compassion, your therapist’s full attention, and information concerning the therapeutic process.
– If there’s information being asked that you are not comfortable answering, that’s okay. Just let the therapist know.
How long is a typical therapy appointment?
– Therapy appointments usually range from 45 to 55 minutes. You can expect the initial session to run just a bit longer.
What if I can not afford Counseling?
– Check if you or your spouse’s employer has an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
– EAP is an employee benefit that allows anywhere from up to 8 sessions without any out-of-pocket costs..
-Speak with your tax professional to see if you could deduct therapy expenses from your taxes as an out-of-pocket health expense.